Keeping all your cables managed, both those in and around your desk and those you need stored away for infrequent use or traveling, can be quite a task. Head below for our roundup of the best cable management solutions for your home studio (or office) setup.
Luxury Book iPhone 7 Plus Case
While there are some cables you will be using all the time, others are better off stowed away or properly tied up neatly to keep your workspace free of clutter and to minimize downtime.
Some products like velcro or elastic ties will do double duty, letting you organize cables around your desk and other gear, and also those stored away:
Small Cables – Velcro Straps, Sleeves & Ties
In most cases, a package or two of velcro straps or elastic ties can be a great way to keep guitar/mic leads, USB/MIDI cables and well almost anything nice and tidy. I personally prefer to use these kinds of products in situations where I’m not constantly needing access to the cable, but rather using them to keep permanent connections nice and organized. Think in and around your desk and the cables running from your audio interface (as pictured above). Having said that, an elastic wrap or two for your backpack or when traveling is also a must-have for me.
- 10-Pack Planet Waves Elastic Cable Ties $ 9
- 100-Pack VELCRO Brand Thin Ties (8 x 1/2-inch) $ 10 | Best Seller
- 5-Pack VELCRO Brand Self Gripping Cable Ties (multi-color) $ 3
- 50-Pack Attmu Microfiber Cable Ties $ 8
- Neoprene Zippered Cable Management Sleeve $ 15 | Best Seller
Large/Extra Cables – Shelving & More
If you’re anything like me, it’s not just about keeping the all of the cables you are actually using on a daily basis organized, but also that heap of 1.4-inch and XLR leads laying around that may or may not need to be used at a moment’s notice. Some larger more robust velcro straps can be very handy in this case, but I also like to use a proper cable shaving rack.
- Middle Atlantic CLAW14 Cable Rack$ 19
- Belkin 19-Inch Rackmount Cable Management $ 14
- VELCRO Brand Double-Sided 30-Feet Strap $ 15
- Raxxess CBLD Cable Rack $ 16.50
A large majority of the deals we cover each day come from a variety of ‘Daily Deal’ websites or are so popular that they don’t even last 24 hours. We know you can’t be at your computer every second, so we’re going to roundup the best deals each day to make sure you have a fair shot at the deals you want. Be sure to follow 9to5Toys.com so you never miss a deal... Twitter, RSS Feed, Facebook
Today’s Featured deals:
Today Only:Seagate Solid State Hybrid Drives: 1TB 2.5″ $ 96 (Reg. $ 160), 3TB 3.5″ $ 110 (Reg. $ 270) with free shipping.
Logitech UE Boombox Bluetooth speaker: $ 180 Shipped ($ 70 off)
Xbox One now available for preorder, releases in November for $ 499. Includes special ‘Day One Edition’ preorders bonuses. Pssst! There’s also new Halo trailer!
Other great deals we love:
- MLB.TV Premium subscription $ 50 for the rest of the season
- Apple iTunes $ 60 Gift Card for Apple App Store or iBookstore for $ 55
- Amazon 75% off Mac software sale: Toast 11: $ 58, Photoshop Elements: $ 60, Bioshock 2: $ 12, Borderlands: $ 15, more
- Blu-ray deals (Django Unchained, Ted, Zero Dark Thirty, more)
- Apple iPad Leather Smart Cover (open box) $ 15 Shipped (Reg. $ 69 new)
- Seagate Expansion 4 TB 3.0 USB Desktop External Hard Drive $ 160 (Retail $ 230)
- Father’s Day Gifts: $ 50 of Brookstone products for just $ 25 (OtterBox, Beats Pill, Personalized Padfolio, FitBit Flex, etc)
- Photo editing app, ColorStrokes for Mac goes FREE for a limited time
- Roku 2 XD 1080p Streaming media player (Brand New) $ 60 Shipped (Reg. $ 80)
- Star Wars (complete collection) Blu-rays, more $ 70
- Free $ 50 Amazon credit w/ PlayStation Vita
- Amazon launches indie game store, up to 75% off titles such as: Super Meat Boy, Braid & Brutal Legend, more
- Hotspot Shield – Simple VPN/proxy solution for OS X, iOS, and Android devices. 50% off a 1 year subscription, now only $ 15
- eBook Freebie: Weber’s Time to Grill: Get In. Get Out. Get Grilling (Reg. $ 20)
- Amazon knocks $ 20 off of Kindle HDs for Father’s Day, now start at $ 179
- Save 50% on 1Password Mac / iOS Apps, the gold standard in mobile password security
- 9to5Toys Exclusive: Cash in an extra $ 10 on Gazelle when you trade-in your used (or broken!) electronics
” data-medium-file=”” data-large-file=”” title=”The best cable management solutions for your Mac & home studio/office” class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-274844″ src=”https://9to5toys.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/cord-management.png” alt=”” width=”1000″ height=”370″ />
I think we all know how frustrating it can be to just throw your USB or audio cables in a backpack and then have to untangle them on the other end. When it comes to traveling or just for storing extra cables in the closet, a roll-up bag or even an organizer case is one of the best bets. I hang them on my wall when not on the move (as pictured above, right) so I can see all my smaller cables at a glance and get to what I need just like with my rack for larger cables (pictured above, left). Then I can easily wrap up the whole thing and throw it in a bag when traveling.
- ProCase Travel Gear Organizer Roll-Up Bag $ 13
- This is Ground Cordito Leather Rollups from $ 55
- BUBM Portable Universal Cable Roll-Up Bag $ 6
- BUBM Portable Universal Cable Roll-Up Bag (large) $ 13
- BAGSMART Travel Universal Cable Organizer $ 18
- This Is Ground Genuine Leather Cord Taco $ 16
Now some of these look a little bit less business-friendly and more geared towards home studios, but there are some options out there that will look nice on your desktop or even help to hide away cables along the side of it. And if you’d prefer quicker access to cables in and around your desk, like charging cables and those you need to disconnect frequently, desktop cable clip holders can be an alternative to velcro and elastic ties.
- Natural Wood Desktop Cable Organizer $ 8
- Akwox Wooden Cable Organizer Shelf $ 10
- Idealstanley Cable Clip Holder Weighted Desktop Cord Management Fixture $ 7
- Cable Management Sleeve, JOTO Cord Management System $ 15
- 100-Pack Black Adhesive Cable Clips $ 6.50
Let’s block ads! (Why?)