Smarthome device maker Arlo has announced its first doorbell camera with features that include a 180-degree diagonal field of view and a square 1:1 aspect ratio that captures as much video vertically as it does horizontally.
Arlo says its doorbell camera is designed to capture what most other video doorbells can’t because of their wide aspect ratio. The Arlo Video Doorbell boasts an industry-leading vertical field of view that is better equipped to capture the full picture of your front porch and anyone who might be standing on it.
Along with recording HD video, the Arlo Video Doorbell has two-way audio for voice communication. The device supports direct-to-mobile video calls as well as personalized alerts for events such as package delivery.
When someone presses your Arlo Video Doorbell, it will automatically send a live HD video call right to your smartphone. If you can’t take the call, you can respond by sending a pre-recorded message of your choosing.
Camera specifications include a 12x digital zoom and video modes for capturing in 1536 x 1536, 1080 x 1080, and 720 x 720. Night vision is enabled high powered infrared 850nm LEDs with an IR Cut Filter. Here’s the Arlo Video Doorbell’s full feature list:
- Optimized front entry view: Industry-leading vertical field-of-view with an optimized 1:1 aspect ratio.
- Motion detection and alerts: Receive alerts when motion is detected.
- Video call: Calls your phone directly so you never miss a visitor.
- Quick reply messages: Pre-recorded messages to quickly reply to visitors.
- Night vision: See who’s at your door at night, even without a light on.
- HD video: Capture vivid detail in bright and dark areas with HDR.
- Zoom: Zoom in on a subject while on a live video call.
- Silent mode: Disables push notifications and silences chime.
- Weather-resistant design: Designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun.
- Tamper detection: Siren can be triggered if someone attempts to remove the doorbell.
The Arlo Video Doorbell connects to an existing mechanical or digital chime for easy installation and for a source of continuous power. Units are currently available for pre-order at Best Buy and other resellers for $ 149.99. Of note, the purchase includes a three month trial for Alro’s subscription-based AI service called Arlo Smart, which adds another layer of features and personalization.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)
Read more here: How-To Geek