Spoiler Alert: don’t watch the video if you want to solve the riddle yourself! Beat Saber got an update today which was mostly full of fixes and under the hood changes, but it also added a secret song that can be unlocked by solving a riddle offered by the developers. Here you’ll find the riddle, and if you aren’t the puzzling type, we’ve got the answer for you too.
Beat Saber got an update to v0.11.0 today, and while you’ll still have to wait until a future update brings the promised custom song editor, the developers have previewed a bit of what’s to come by hiding a new song in the game. The only clue they offered for those who want to unlock it is as follows:
Go to the place where your journey should have started.
Maybe something is meant to be otherwise than stated.
If you aren’t in the mood to go searching, you can watch the video below for the solution. Spoiler Alert: the video contains the answer to the riddle, and below we share track details of the new song.
The hidden song is called Angel Voices by artist Virtual Self. As far as Beat Saber’s official songs go, it’s a beast, clocking in at 6 minutes and 12 seconds at 166 BPM with 1,202 notes (on expert), which is about three or four times the length of most of the original songs.
The v0.11.0 update to Beat Saber also brought a series of other welcomed changes; the official changelog is noted here:
- Settings for how in-game menu can be triggered added (instantly or long press)
- Volume settings added
- Swap Colors settings added
- Static Lights gameplay options added
- No Obstacles gameplay options added
- “Cut in any direction” tutorial voiceover and text added
- Fixed simultaneous vibration of both Oculus Touch controllers (only with -vrmode oculus)
- Fixed calculation of maximum possible score
- Fixed bug where you can spawn too far from the platform
- Legendary Hardcore Flying Car!
The studio also said the update brings “heavy refactoring of almost everything inside,” which ought to pave the way for the upcoming custom track editor.
PSA for any hardcore Beat Saber players out there who have installed custom music, be aware that this update will likely break your custom library, and you’ll need to install new versions of mods to get everything working again.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)