– Graphics will stutter noticeably and will be laggy
– The App Switcher doesn’t work well, you will have problems closing apps
– The App Store will not receive new Today content until the fall
– The new Cover Sheet (Notification Center merged with Lock Screen)
– 3D touch is laggy (graphics)
– Certain 3rd party apps do not work/work fully (see the thread in the iOS 11 forum for details)
– Any other general inconsistencies and bugs may appear without notice
If you can handle this, then go ahead and install the beta. But if not, then wait until a later beta or the production release this fall.
Please report your bugs with Feedback Assistant. Apple will not know you have a problem unless you tell them!
Are public beta stable enough for regular uses?
Mixed bag. If it’s your day to day device, probably best to wait for public beta 2 based on what I’ve seen in past years, particularly if you are hesitant. For example, your phone may not work with your watch, or in your car, or texts might be dicey. Can be any number of things the first go round.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)