Flexibits is out with a big update to Fantastical for Mac today that includes lots of enhancements to the feature-packed calendar. Fantastical 2.5 brings integration with the event scheduling service Meetup․com, the ability to propose new times for events right from the calendar, and much more.
9to5Mac Happy Hour
Connecting your Meetup account works just like adding any new calendar service. Just plug-in your account credentials and Fantastical is populated with events connected to your membership.
You can see all events from your running club, drone flying group, or ultimate frisbee team right from Meetup without entering events manually, or you can pick and choose with calendars to view from Meetup to streamline your view.
Fantastical 2.5 for Mac also adds a new field for events that lets you propose new times for entries with support for Exchange, iCloud, Google, and other CalDAV accounts.
Just propose a new event time from the event entry in Fantastical, then an email is automatically composed with the new event and new time attached for the recipient to receive and accept or decline.
Check out a hands-on look at many of the new features in Fantastical 2.5:
Other new features include improved handling of how events that have start and end times on different days appear in Fantastical, Split View support for the Fantastical mini window when pulled away from the menu bar, and even more:
- Support for Meetup.com: Add your Meetup account to Fantastical to view and attend your meetups
- Added support for sending and receiving new time proposals on Exchange, iCloud, Google, and other CalDAV accounts
- Added support for sending Exchange invitations that don’t require responses from invitees
- Added option to show timed events that span more than one day in the all-day section of the Day or Week views
- Timed events that span more than one day will show their start and end times in the Month view (space permitting)
- The mini window can now be placed in Split View full screen with other apps
- Added option to show current calendar week in Dock icon or menu bar icon
- Added URL handler to change calendar sets (x-fantastical://show/set?name=My Calendar Set)
- Added ability to enable or disable multiple calendars at once when editing calendar sets by selecting multiple rows
- Pressing the option key while editing the start time of an event will keep the end time the same
- Selecting an event in Day or Week view and pressing control-option-up/down arrow adjusts the start time of the event and pressing control-shift-up/down arrow adjusts the end time
- Using a mouse with a scroll wheel to scroll the Month view will now feel more natural
- Improved labeling of Exchange invitations where the organizer didn’t request a response
- Improved labeling of custom anniversary dates from Contacts
- Improved performance loading subscriptions with hundreds or thousands of events
- Fixed an issue where dragging from OmniFocus wouldn’t be shown at the correct time in Day or Week view
- Various fixes and improvements
Fantastical 2.5 is a free update for existing Fantastical 2 customers. New customers can pick up the powerful Mac calendar app for $ 49.99 on the Mac App Store.
Subscribe to 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
Let’s block ads! (Why?)